MEDIC First Aid® BasicPlus is a combined adult CPR, AED, and first aid training program designed specifically for the occupational first aid provider. This extremely flexible program will help employers meet OSHA and other federal and state regulatory requirements for training employees how to respond and care for medical emergencies at work.
Target Audience: Occupational first aid providers who are not healthcare providers or professional rescuers.
Prerequisite: There are no prerequisites for this course
Completion Time: 4-5 Hours
Student/Instructor Ratio: 12 to 1
Certification Period: 2 years
This training program conforms to the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC and the 2015 AHA and ARC Guidelines Update for First Aid.
- Action before giving care
- Checking an injured or ill person
- Good Samaritan Laws
- Chain of Survival
- Cardiac emergencies and CPR
- Breathing emergencies
- AED use and procedure
- Sudden illness
- Soft tissue injuries
- Injuries to muscles, bones and joints
- Environmental emergencies
- Animal and insect bites and stings
- Using a tourniquet
- Using a hemostatic dressing
- Open chest and abdominal injuries
- Emotional considerations