Basic Orientation meets API RP 75 & API RP T-1 requirements and provides a basic understanding of general safety information at an awareness orientation level.
Target Audience: Oil and gas industry employees working in plant, dockside, onshore or offshore facilities, contractors and operators.
Prerequisite: There are no prerequisites for this course
Completion Time: 6-8 Hours
Certificates: PEC ID card with student picture, bar code, and completed courses.
Upon completion of the course, all students are automatically entered into PEC’s Training Tracker where your company’s clients and auditors can view proof of employee orientation.
The following are the PEC Basic Orientation topics covered in this training:
- Alcohol and substance abuse awareness
- Back Safety
- Confined Space
- Defensive Driving
- Electrical Safety
- Emergency Response
- Fall Protection
- Fire Protection
- Forklift Safety
- Hazardous communications
- Hazmat (HM 126)
- Hazwoper (Oper.)
- Hearing Conservation
- Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S)
- Medical Records
- Offshore Safety (Swing Ropes / Personnel Baskets, Water Safety, etc.)
- Offshore Transportation (Departure, Helicopter, Boat, Arrival, etc.)
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Process Safety Management
- Respiratory Protection
- Terrorism Response Awareness Program (TRAP)
- Welding Safety