PEC H2S Clear is designed, with the help and endorsement of Eric Rosemann CSP, to improve the safety performance and workplace environments of industry workers who may come in contact with hydrogen sulfide during their job duties.
PEC H2S Clear meets the classroom requirements of ANSI Z390.1 and is available as a standalone course or can be taken in addition to a PEC Basic Orientation, PEC Basic/10, or PEC Core Compliance course.
Target Audience: Oil and gas industry employees working in plant, dockside, onshore or offshore facilities, contractors and operators.
Prerequisite: There are no prerequisites for this course
Completion Time: 4-5 Hours
Certificates: PEC ID card with student picture, bar code, and completed courses.
Upon completion of the course, all students are automatically entered into PEC’s Training Tracker where your company’s clients and auditors can view proof of employee orientation.
The following are the PEC H2S Clear course topics covered in this training:
- Acute and Chronic Health Effects
- Administrative Controls
- API Hazard Conditions
- Buddy System
- Burning, Flaring, and Venting
- Characteristics of Hydrogen Sulfide
- Chemical and Physical Properties
- Company and Worker Responsibilities
- Contingency Plans
- Corrective Actions and Shutdown Procedures
- Detection and Monitoring Methods
- Emergency Response and Evacuation
- Engineering Controls
- First Aid and Post-exposure Evaluation
- Hydrogen Sulfide in Confined Spaces
- Hazards of Hydrogen Sulfide and Sulfur Dioxide
- Ignition Sources
- Immediate Action Plans
- Methods for Detecting and Monitoring
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Respiratory Protection
- Routes and Limits of Exposure
- Safe Work Practices
- Sensitivity and Acute and Chronic Health Effects
- Sources of Hydrogen Sulfide
- Training Requirements
- Warning Signs and Alarms